SEARCH BY
 
EMAIL THIS WEBSITE TO A FRIEND
  
Bookmark and Share
Home | About Us | Services | Courses Available | Study tour | Recruitment | Enquiry | Contact Us
Coventry University

Coventry University has a long tradition as a provider of education. Our roots go as far back as Coventry College of Design in 1843. It was in 1970 that Coventry College of Art amalgamated with Lanchester College of Technology and Rugby College of Engineering Technology. The resulting institution was called Lanchester Polytechnic: 'Lanchester' after the Midlands automotive industry pioneer, Dr Frederick Lanchester, and 'Polytechnic' meaning 'skilled in many sciences and arts'.

In 1987 the name changed to Coventry Polytechnic and in 1992 we adopted the title Coventry University. The Lanchester name has been preserved in the title of our art gallery, the Lanchester Gallery, as well as in the Lanchester Library and our Lanchester Restaurant.